The CDC Toolkit outlines 3 categories of recommendations;
- Prevent and Reduce Transmission Among Employees
- Maintain Healthy Business Operations
- Maintain a Healthy Work Environment
CDC RECOMMENDATIONS: PREVENT AND REDUCE TRANSMISSION AMONG EMPLOYEES
1. Stay at least 6 feet from others when possible
2. Avoid large gatherings
- The AiRISTA Flow Social Distancing and Contact Tracing Solution (SD&CT) pushes configuration settings to tags including a warning distance, an alert distance as well the alerting mechanism (lights, sounds).
- It provides a minimum contact duration to qualify as an official contact.
- It provides a grace period to eliminate incidental contacts.
- Email notifications can be delivered when groups of a minimum size form
3. Determine which employees may have been exposed to the virus, inform the employees but maintain confidentiality
- Replace interview style contact tracing with automated reports. The SD&CT solution provides a history of contacts in a tree view (indicates extent), sunburst (includes the duration of contact), and tabular form.
- Filter your search based on unique employee identifier, period of time, duration of contact.
- AiRISTA Flow takes privacy and security seriously. Administrators can anonymize employees' identities. The platform meets stringent GDPR requirements. Traffic can be encrypted from the tag to the cloud. Data is purged after 30 days by default. The solution does not track employee location.
CDC RECOMMENDATIONS: MAINTAIN HEALTHY BUSINESS OPERATIONS
1. Communicate to visitors to help control the spread of COVID-19
- Temporary enrollment of visitors into the SD&CT solution can be done by front desk personnel in a matter of minutes.
2. Test communications systems employees can use to self report if they are sick
- The SD&CT solution offers an automated health screening tool as a quick check of the employee base.
- At regular intervals, like the start of a workday, employees receive an email and/or text with a link to a web page with a series of simple questions setup by HR.
- Results are summarized in a dashboard with access control based on user role.
CDC RECOMMENDATIONS: MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. Provide alcohol based hand sanitizers
- AiRISTA Flow has been providing hand sanitation tracking solutions for 10 years. The system works with existing dispensers and the Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- The B3 personnel style tag detects the BLE signal from the dispenser (similar to the technology used for SD&CT). The B3 can be used for SD&CT as well as hand hygiene simultaneously.
- The hand hygiene solutions are sold separately from the SD&CT solution.
2. Follow CDC's Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Although the SD&CT solution does not track employee location through a facility, the solution provides a basic understanding of areas visited. This basic location information helps inform your disinfecting strategy subsequent to a reported infection.
- When tags report their stored contacts to the SD&CT cloud application, they also provide the unique ID of the gateway used to upload the contacts. The administrator can associate the unique ID with a physical location (e.g. break room) to get a sense of areas visited by the individual. Gateways can be Wi-Fi access points or BLE/Wi-Fi gateways provided by AiRISTA Flow.